Student Portal

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size

International Students

We welcome you to Kenya and particularly to The Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA). Indeed CUEA is a multi-national community.

All foreign students need a Pupil’s Pass to study in Kenya. This document is granted by the Ministry of Immigration of Kenya in Nairobi. Therefore, upon arrival to the Catholic University at the commencement of your course, please get in touch with the office of the Dean of Students for assistance on how to acquire a pupil’s pass.

The following are requirements for a Pupil’s Pass application;

  1. Application Form (form 8) dully signed and stamped
  2. Copy of passport
  3. Bio-data pages
  4. Visa Page
  5. Two passport size photographs
  6. Commitment letter from parent/legal guardian/sponsor stating that he/she will cater for the course fees and other upkeep expenses during the period of study.
  7. A copy of the parent’s or guardian’s National Identification Card or Passport (bio-data page)
  8. Cover letter from school stating the course and course duration.
  9. Kshs. 2,000/- per year for non East-Africans.

Extension of Visa

All foreign students need to note that they need a Kenyan Visa to Kenya for studies, therefore if the Visa expires before the pupil’s pass is processed, the student is required to renew the visa and the visa renewal fees is Kshs. 200/- payable in cash to the Immigration Department.

Student Events

Important Student Events

  1. International Students Dinner
  2. Cultural Week to showcase diversity in students cultures across Eastern Africa
  3. Mr and Miss CUEA
  4. Finalist Dinner
  5. Community Service Week
  6. Annual Scholarship Award Ceremony
  7. Students General Assembly

©The Catholic University of Eastern Africa  (Langata Campus) P.O. Box 62157-00200, Nairobi - Kenya Tel: +254 2525811-5
Dean of Students Ext 1145